Hi! Everyone wanderer here. It is twentieth of March already! It has been three months since I joined the blogging community. I know that I published my first article on twenty-third of December, but I created The Musings Of A Wanderer Blog on twentieth of December. Then I couldn’t think of anything to write for the next three days.
But seriously, it seems like only yesterday when I was sitting in my room doing absolutely nothing, with my mom screaming at me to come and help her. I was on Facebook and I had not realised that I had been holed up in my room for two hours already. I knew that if I didn’t go and help my mom soon, there would be a volcanic eruption soon and then even dad will not be able to get me out of that one. I was just trying to avoid going to kitchen. (For the record , I hate household chores.)
They say an idle mind is devil’s workshop. ( By the way I really wonder who these ” THEY ” are? But that discussion is for some other day!) So my devilish mind came up with this ‘brilliant’ idea of starting a blog. About why I chose WordPress, I have no idea. So I opened a WordPress account. The name The Musings Of A Wanderer Blog is again something that I came up with on the spur of the moment.
When my mom next screamed my name, I made a really dramatic entry in our living room and announced to my parents and granny that I had started a blog!.They were shocked, to say the least! It was so sudden and unexpected. I have always had some interest in writing I had never really dedicated any time to it in the past.
So that is how The Musings Of A Wanderer Blog came to be. And it has been three months since then. Three months, twenty-nine posts and twenty followers later I stand ( or is it sit and write? Oh whatever… You get the point!) before you!
I am really not good at these Thank You speeches, but I would like to say thank you to a couple of people… So here goes!
A very special thank you to Anna of My Little Corner Blogsite. She is my very first follower from the bolgosphere.
A very warm hug to Akshata and Vibhav for commenting on my very first post The writing voice. Your comments gave me just what I needed then. Encouragement and appreciation. Until that day whatever I had written till then had always stayed in a closet as I always feared that it is not good enough to come out. It took a great deal of courage to click publish. And when I did that, your appreciation assured me.
Again a big thank you to Vibhav because it was you who inspired me to start a blog.
And a big hug to all those bloggers who are flowing my blog since then.
A big thank you to all those people who have liked and commented on my posts. It is your appreciation that gives me the courage to click publish.
And now I would like to share a few things about myself!
- I am an introvert. I am not someone who would mix very easily with people.
- I absolutely adore kids. In fact I am lot more happy in company of kids than I am in the company of my peers.
- I am an amateur theatre actress. I have been doing theatre since I was about four or five years of age.
- Though I am a theatre artist, I am terrified of dancing. Adaa aur nazakat se mera door door tak koi rishta nahi hai! ( Adaa is a Persian word for grace and charm. Nazakat in Roman Urdu means daintiness. So what the above statement means is that, I am far from being dainty and graceful.)
- My paternal grandmother is some one who can guess the ingredients that have gone in making a particular dish just by tasting it! I would love to have that sense. I am trying, but the results so far, have been dismal.
- My maternal grandmother is someone who can stitch clothes of any pattern just by looking at the pictures. NO I am NOT kidding. Many a times I show her a picture of something that I really like but is really too expensive and within a week’s time that same pattern is a part of my wardrobe! My interest in embroidery, crocheting and stitching is something that I get from her.
- I can be extremely stubborn, stubborn to the point of being very annoying!
- I had an imaginary friend as child. I am still in touch with him.
- I am most happy in my own company.
- I am someone who is not too fond of going out with my friends. I would really prefer to ‘hang out’ with my parents. They are my best friends!
So that is it for today! See you all on Wednesday when I will come up with yet another Harry Potter Wednesday post. Till then keep smiling! 😊😊😊😊